Today, I like to share the 7-step approach that I recommend for Intelligent Automation.
This gives you my perspective on the key elements you can use to develop your own approach to Automation.
Unfortunately, I have heard stories of people that took years to get Intelligent Automation right. While you certainly need to understand what is uniquely best for your organization, you can learn from others and reduce the iterations to get things right.
In that light, I share my steps that have evolved as I consulted and implemented automation programs. My current 7-step approach includes:
1. Understand Business objectives
2. Map Customer & Employee Experience
3. Assess whether to eliminate, optimize, or Automate
4. Analyze Automation suitability and ease of implementation.
5. Make a business case with quantitative & qualitative benefits
6. Implement the automation
7. Monitor and improve