Blue Prism is one of the most robust tools in the pack. If you are looking for a safe bet, Blue Prim is the tool. They are one of the pioneers in the field and even claim to have coined the term Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
Blue prism has an object-oriented architecture which helps manage reusable components better. Overall, it is a great tool if you have a developer but lacks a recorder if your team is less technically savvy and like to get things moving quickly. The virtual environment functionality needs improvement.
Top 3 advantages of choosing Blue Prism
- Robust Solution: Blue prism is the most mature and secure solution that enables scalability.
- Reusability: Blue Prism Object studio enables users to create reusable objects as the building blocks for the business processes.
- Credibility: One of the earliest RPA providers, they have a strong enterprise user base and market recognition.
Top 3 challenges with Blue Prism you need to be aware of
- Virtual Environments: If your bot needs to work through Citrix of windows remote desktop, Blurprism will be a challenge.
- Developer Dependent: Because of its Object-oriented architecture, the tool is programmer heavy. It also lacks a recorder like other RPA tools.
- Community: Does not have a community edition of their tool or community support.